Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Today I found a pretty rock.

See? The laboratory's lighting is unflattering, but believe me, it's very pretty.
____________

The early part of this week (we don't believe in "weekends" or "breaks"), on my way to the mountain,
I made sure to look both ways before crossing the busy street:





and avoided agitating the turkeys, who were showing their aggressive displays and being very blurry:


I made it to the lab safely, and the photon beam was still focussed on the tiny sample of material who electron band structure we're mapping.



We moved into one of the on-site apartments, which chiefly means that I can now leave my soap and shampoo in the shower and that we have a kitchen space which is our own. But I found this little guy camouflaging himself against the door, and then this stuff:

I didn't realize that lichens could bloom. Perhaps this one is having a medical problem with a mold or something. Any guesses? The other things I've snapped are less difficult to categorize, but just as nice to look at.


Good night, Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are.